Best of month calender and explanation

Hi! I just wanted to jump on here quickly to do a little announcement for my annual best of month. If you were around last year you may remember we did one post a week for the entire month of December where we did a top ten for every basic category and then shared a spread sheet with a top fifty for each category. This year, we're doing things a bit differently.

December is still best of month; it also starts tomorrow. We are still doing one post a week with different categories: top ten EPs and top ten singles. I wanted to do something a little different this year and so I reached out to some of the artists I've made little connections with running this blog and asked them if they would come on and share their favorite music of 2022 and I was blown away by the responses I received. So, for our first Monday post we'll be sharing that followed by the more traditional personal choice categories.

Where does that leave albums though? Well, 2022 was really special in terms of records. There was so much I felt deserved a spotlight, so I came up with a way to do just that. Starting tomorrow and then every day after that, we'll be covering one of a top twenty-five (that's 25) albums from 2022, to make a AsterTracks advent calendar of music. This will all lead to Christmas day, where we will unveil my personal favorite album of the year.

This post will serve as a directory and will be updated daily, or at least as much as I can, until the year end where I will post my annual spreadsheet, which will also include all links to the original write ups where they apply. If you're here from one of those posts, you can read more below and I hope you enjoy the format I came up with this year.

Albums

Pollyanna - Slime

Future Teens - Self Help

MOTHICA - Nocturnal

Guppy - Big Man Says Slappydoo

Trust Fund Ozu - Tribute Summon

CLIFFDIVER - Exercise Your Demons

Riverby - Absolution

JID - The Forever Story

SASAMI - Squeeze

Otoboke Beaver - Super Champon

Lights - PEP

Black Dresses - Forget Your Own Face

Mint Green - All Girls Go to Heaven

Momma - Household Name

The Callous Daoboys - Celebrity Therapist

The Wonder Years - The Hum Goes on Forever

Wet Leg - Wet Leg

chloe moriondo - SUCKERPUNCH

Jensen McRae - Are You Happy Now?

Ethel Cain - Preacher's Daughter

Pool Kids - Pool Kids

Soul Glo - Diaspora Problems

Cheem - Guilty Pleasure

Categories

Asking artists their AotY

Singles (Coming on the 12th)

EPs (Coming on the 19th)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of Month; the Top 10 Albums of 2023

Best of Month: The top 25 songs of the year

Best of Month: The final reviews of the year