Do you believe in curses?

Sister Sleep does and they’ve just put out a brand new single to make you a believer. After 2023’s In Bad Faith the band showed you can make great post-hardcore jams drenched in influence while also sounding so fresh and modern.

The track starts loud and aggressive from the first second, it doesn’t give you room to breathe, but it does give you a chance to trudge through the mud. There is a little clapping motif which serves as a pre-chorus and to me its the hook of the song. It took me quite a few listens to pull my attention from the audio trip of this instrumental and it still has its claws in me. It’s overall heavier, sweatier and rawer than ever before. They do throw in a quick second to catch a break, but nothing more.


Still, of course, I couldn’t be distracted from Jamie Shelton’s vocals for too long. I feel like on this one they really solidify knowing their voice and using it in a way only they can. On a drum march section, they completely command the booth and earn the attention any great front person should.


You can follow the faith right now; we’ll link everything you need below. It’s been a slower year over here at AsterTracks. Truth is change is coming to this space. I don’t think reviewing more albums than I can listen to is accomplishing the goal I wanted to of pushing newer artists to the feed. Whenever we can, we’ll always take the chance to do it, so go support Sister Sleep and their new single.


Support Sister Sleep

Listen to "Do You Believe in the Power of a Curse?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of Month: The top 25 songs of the year

Best of Month; the Top 10 Albums of 2023

Best of Month: The final reviews of the year