REVIEW: Better Lovers' "God Made Me an Animal" via Shaprtone

It was just last year that Every Time I Die came to a total and pretty abrupt end. To me, the Buffalo based metalcore and hardcore band was the only true representation of modern punk. Five guys who were constantly on the road, did so much to bring people together through music and ripped at all times doing it. I was pretty disappointed when they hung it up. Luckily for me, for us, three of the five of them were far from done and now they’ve joined forces with Greg Puciato and Will Putney to form Better Lovers. If you know of either of these two’s legendary careers you know this is the hardcore crossover of the century and this EP, while short, was worth all the sacrifice.


While I don’t have a ton of thoughts, mainly because this EP is pretty short at just over fifteen minutes, I think this could be an easy EP of the year contender. Right when you hit play and hear “Sacrificial Participant” you know that this truly is a sequel to ETID. All of these songs could easily fit into the progression that the original band was on, but they have evolved and it's mostly due to their new frontman. Greg brings something that Keith Buckley never could, something I don’t even think I could really put into words. The bridge on that same first song is something that I don’t think ETID would have done in their original form. All of this to say this goes stupid heavy, I’m so glad everyone’s back, and I can’t wait to see what else Better Lovers has to offer.


Our Rating - 8/10

  1. Sacrificial Participant
  2. 30 Under 13
  3. Become So Small
  4. God Made Me an Animal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of Month: The top 25 songs of the year

Best of Month; the Top 10 Albums of 2023

Best of Month: The final reviews of the year