REVIEW: Hot Milk's The King and Queen of Gasoline off of Music for Nations


Manchester rock duo Hot Milk have hit us with yet another EP before finally starting work on a full length shortly after the completion of this set of songs. While I can’t doubt Hot Milk’s success in the festival circuit I am starting to feel pretty bored of their brand of hook based alt rock that pretty much boils down to the queer version of butt rock. Something I have to give the band though is that they’re good at just that; delivering the hooks. My takeaway here is that while these are six hot new songs they just sort of fall into the ether with the rest of them and at this point I’m hoping this long awaited record will finally bring some sense of new identity or a bolder approach to this brand of festival pop that Hot Milk has become so comfortable in.


Support this artist

Follow me on Twitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of Month: The top 25 songs of the year

Best of Month; the Top 10 Albums of 2023

Best of Month: The final reviews of the year