Last week in music, 11/7/21 - 11/13/21

Gold Necklace - Gold Necklace (kill iconic)

Pretty much any Kurt Travis band I’m gonna be a bit into based on his talent as a vocalist alone. While I do like the more funk inspired songwriting and approach to this record the overall result isn’t wowing me. I’m gonna hold onto this and see how I feel on repeat listens, however, and I know there’s been a great fan response to this aside.


The Seafloor Cinema - In Cinemascope with Stereosonic Sound (Pure Noise)

This band has had a big year, getting signed to Pure Noise and dropping heat after heat in those singles. This is a great record to cap it all off too. Elements of pop punk and progressive post-hardcore with a lot of genre play in between. Been on repeat this week.



Silk Sonic - An Evening with Silk Sonic (Aftermath / Atlantic)

The long-awaited record finally hits after a year of hit singles between two huge names in their respective genres. Not much to say here except that it’s a great time to listen to and great songs overall. Wish it were a little longer, maybe wish it came out in the summer, but those are the only gripes I can really find.



GILT - In Windows, Through Mirrors (Knifepunch)

A short EP that caught me by surprise. Intense emotional performances and a great band I didn’t really know before. Check it out, it's a fast listen but an intense one.


Most Anticipated Next Week: Between You and Me - Armageddon (Hopeless)


Other Tracks

AS IT IS - I MISS 2003 (Fearless)

Coheed & Cambria - Rise, Naianasha (Cut the Chord) (Roadrunner)

Four Year Strong - Learn to love the Lie (acoustic version, Pure Noise)

Honey Revenge - Miss Me

I Fight Dragons - Circle

I Met a Yeti - Red-Eyes B. Yeti (read my track review here)

Korn - Start the Healing (Loma Vista)

Nekrogoblikon - Right Now (Mystery Box)

Pom Pom Squad - Until it Stops (City Slang, Spotify only)

Rain City Drive - Cutting it Close (Thriller, recently changed band name from Slaves but streaming services have not yet been updated)

Super American - Green Squirrel in Pretty Bad Shape (Hot Mulligan cover, Wax Bodega)

VRSTY - Finesse (feat. Notions, Universal)

We Came As Romans - Daggers (feat. Zero 9:36, SharpTone)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of Month: The top 25 songs of the year

Best of Month; the Top 10 Albums of 2023

Best of Month: The final reviews of the year