Last week in music, 11/14/21 - 11/20/21

Between You & Me - Armageddon (Hopeless)

Was really anticipating this album and I’m not necessarily disappointed but my initial reaction is that I heard the best material in the singles and there wasn’t much more waiting for me. I also am seeing a huge upset about the lack of promotion on this record on Hopeless’ side and I couldn't agree more. I do want to point out if you were surprised by this release that our release radar is updated daily and the date for this album has been on there since September.



Dan Campbell - Other People’s Lives (Loneliest Place on Earth/Miscellaneous)

The Wonder Years frontman delivers his solo debut. If you like any of the bands he’s been involved with you’ll like this. His same writing style is still present just in a stripped back, almost blues-like setting. This was a nice one to check out this week.



Mayday Parade - What it Means to Fall Apart (Rise)

I have been a huge Mayday Parade fan all my life. I think that with each new album they get better and better and it was hard for me to envision them doing any wrong. Unfortunately at this time however I’m a little underwhelmed on this release. Derek Sanders’ lyrics sound so uninspired and quite frankly like the general false impression of this band that people have. “Kids of Summer,” while a good song and single, is most certainly not an effective opener. Finally I really only enjoyed two or three of the deep cuts on this whole thing.



K. Flay - Outside Voices (BMG)

The sequel to Inside Voices that I don’t think any of us knew was coming. This one is more low key, more intimate than the first EP. To be honest I feel K. Flay’s corny almost parent like humor is coming on a little too strong here where I am normally charmed by it. That being said the music itself is par for the course and pretty passable.



Belmont - Bowser’s Mixtape (Pure Noise)

Belmont! Stepping it all the way up on the two new tracks on this one. There’s also some alternative versions of old tracks and some covers. One of which, this Kid LAROI cover is very fun. The Avenged Sevenfold cover sort of takes me out of the tape. It has a cool intro but I just think it’s a hard to salvage song in the first place to me personally.


Other Tracks

100 gecs - mememe (Dog Show)

The Amity Affliction - Give Up the Ghost (Pure Noise)

chloe moriondo - Dizzy (feat. Thomas Headon, Alfie Templeman, Fueled by Ramen)

deadmau5 - Hyperlandia (mau5trap Recordings)

Kero Kero Bonito - The Sneaker Dance

Perennial - Tooth Plus Claw

Quinton Brock - Touch (Shadow Panther)

Rico Nasty - Money (feat. Flo Milli, Atlantic)

Silverstein - It’s Over (UNFD)

Telltale - Out of Control (Rude)

VRSTY - Soul (Spinefarm)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of Month: The top 25 songs of the year

Best of Month; the Top 10 Albums of 2023

Best of Month: The final reviews of the year