Last week in music, 10/17/21 - 10/23/21


Every Time I Die -
Radical (Epitaph)

Consistent, tight, heavy. Some of these songs go back to 2019 and Keith Buckley’s rawness and honesty about the dark times he’s endured in the past couple of years cannot be understated. If Every Time I Die’s name isn’t enough to grab your attention at this point I don’t know what to tell you.



The Home Team - Slow Bloom (Revival)

A record that sort of snuck up on me in a big way! Only caught one single but I really liked this and can’t wait to dive in again. If you like artists like Origami Button or Andres you will love The Home Team.



Circa Survive - A Dream About Love (Rise)

Another band that is consistent after all these years. I was on a bit of a down tick from Violent Waves on, but “Imposter Syndrome'' absolutely blew me away and the rest of the EP is just as good.



Melody Charade - Sky Like This (Volitional Form)

Wanted to point out these three tracks from an artist I’m not at all familiar with though it seems this is their only material. Really good songwriting and production that I wouldn’t say is bad but sort of clashes with the style a bit? I’ve only gotten to go through once, so maybe that’s a good thing, but keep your eyes open for this.



The Black Parade: Reimagined (Ghost Killer Entertainment)

I went into this compilation with low expectations. A lot of these 2000s era scene tributes end up with renditions that are trying too hard to recreate magic that worked for another band and don't get me wrong, there's a lot of that. However in the dregs of it there are some great workings on here and a ton of bands I didn't even know existed but I now can't wait to dive into their originals.


This week’s most anticipated: Save Face - Another Kill for the Highlight Reel (Epitaph)


Other Tracks

Arch Enemy - Deceiver, Deceiver (Century Media)

Ashnikko - Halloweenie IV: Innards (Parlophone)

Between You & Me - Change (Hopeless)

Bodysnatcher - Absolved of the String and Stone (MNRK)

Bonobo - Tides (feat. Jamila Woods, Ninja Tune)

Canadian Softball - ...and yet, I fish (Boketo Media)

Cavetown - Teenage Dirtbag (Wheatus cover, feat. chloe moriondo, Sire)

Dan Campbell - Flight No. 5 (Loneliest Place on Earth / Miscellaneous)

Driveways - Obsession

FRND CRCL - Quitters (Lost Music Collective)

Glacier Veins - Cover Me (Equal Vision)

Lights - Prodigal Daughter (Elektra Music Group)

Maggie Gently - Hold My Hand (Refresh)

MARINA - I Love You but I Love Me More (feat. Beach Bunny, Atlantic)

Of Mice & Men - Fighting Gravity (SharpTone)

PVRIS - My Way (Warner)

Ramonda Hammer - All for What

SeeYouSpaceCowboy… - The End to a Brief Moment of Lasting Intimacy (Pure Noise)

Shelia - Thoughtless

Valiant Hearts - Banshee (feat. Yosh)

WSTR - JOBBO


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of Month: The top 25 songs of the year

Best of Month; the Top 10 Albums of 2023

Best of Month: The final reviews of the year