Last week in music, 8/1/21 - 8/7/21

 I was initially going to skip this week as I didn’t really feel motivated to do it. I found myself listening to the new music anyway though and remembered I did this to recommend music on a slightly bigger scale in the first place. So, the show must go on, it’s a bit lighter of a load but we have some tunes for you to check out.


As December Falls - Happier.

English independent (though, they fooled me for a minute!) alt rock band have released their sophomore record and it’s a fun one! It’s the kind of album where any of these songs could be a single or just enjoyed in a vacuum but please make sure you check them all out.



Kississippi - Mood Ring (Triple Crown Records)

Almost missed this record but I have seen so much talk about it on my twitter feed that I couldn’t just ignore it in it’s release week. Lowkey, heart wrenching songs by a Philly pop artist. You will 100% get something out of listening to this.



Raccoon City - For Nobody, Nowhere (Dog Night Productions)

Looking for something heavy this week? Do you like bands like the Fall of Troy or even that Kaonashi record from earlier in the year? This might just scratch the itch you have. It’s also more Australian heavy music, which we always need more of.


Other Tracks

Brand of Sacrifice - Enemy (feat. Spencer Chamberlain, Blood Blast Distribution)

Citizen - Let Me Out (Alternative Side)

Dying Wish - Until Mourning Comes (SHARPTONE)

Grayscale - Babylon (Say it to My Face) (Fearless Records)

Jack Harlow / Pooh Shiesty - SUVs (Black on Black) (Generation Now / Atlantic Records)

Joey Purp - OUTSIDE (4N Records)

Meg & Dia - Wherever I Go (Adventure Cat Records)

No Pressure - Bed of Nails

Settle Your Scores - Staring at the Ceiling (Mutant League Records)

Telethon - Travelator (feat. Future Teens, Take This to Heart Records)

Vince Staples - Got ‘Em (from the Pokemon 25: The Red EP via Capitol Records)

Underoath - Hallelujah (Fearless Records)

The Weeknd - Take My Breath (Republic Records / UMG)

With Confidence - Paper (Hopeless Records)

The World is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die - Invading the World of the Guilty as a Spirit of Vengeance (Epitaph)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of Month: The top 25 songs of the year

Best of Month; the Top 10 Albums of 2023

Best of Month: The final reviews of the year