Last Week in Music, 6/13/21 - 6/19/21

 This week was probably the lowest we’ve had in the full throttle year in terms of releases. Only mere tracks to talk to you about. We still found the gems though so stick around.


A reminder of what we do:


Each week I listen to tons of music from various artists, cached from a variety of sources. I compile things I think are worth mentioning, things I have enough of a comment on and present them to you here. I always encourage you to check out these releases for yourself to get your own feel for how you'll enjoy them and I want to know what you are listening to. First though, check out some of the releases from last week and my takes on them.



Rebecca Black - Rebecca Black was Here

The only release I was looking forward to this week and the only one that made it out. Only three new songs. Not really the hyperpop stylings that everyone associates Rebecca Black with right now but good softer pop songs.


Bullet for My Valentine - Knives (Universal Music Group)

Bullet is back, they’re heavy again, but I’m going to be honest I’m not impressed. It’s just a mild radio rock cut with a bit of an edge, certainly not awakening the old fan in me or anything. Between this and that Memphis May Fire track recently it feels like fans will just think any heavy song is good which isn’t a standard I want to arrive at.


Dead by April - Collapsing

… and if you agree with my Bullet opinion above I want to point you in this direction. Good RadioMetalCore track that still has a personality of its own.


We Are Defiance - Giving Up

A while ago we covered “Regret,” which was a quiet return for We Are Defiance and more of an acoustic lowkey track. This week though they are back like they never left. This is everything I remember loving about this band when they are around and it’s really kind of a shock they aren’t making more of a splash.


Other Tracks

Andres / Happy Hour - My Future Ex Wife

Tyler, The Creator - LUMBERJACK

Chris DeMakes - Father Time (Smartpunk Records)

The Go! Team - A Bee without it’s Sting (Memphis Industries)

Indigo de Souza - Kill Me (Saddle Creek)

Jinjer - Vortex (Napalm Records)

Kamasi Washington - Sun Kissed Child (Hollywood Records)

Less Than Jake - Need Some Shaking (Bad Time Records)

Logic - Intro (Def Jam)

Meet Me @ the Altar - Feel a Thing (Fueled by Ramen)

Soccer Mommy - Kissing in the Rain (Loma Vista)

Wet Leg - Chaise Longue (Domino Recordings)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of Month: The top 25 songs of the year

Best of Month; the Top 10 Albums of 2023

Best of Month: The final reviews of the year