Weekly Winners, 4/25/212 - 5/1/21

 So this was a pretty big release week for two very specific genres but I’ll be brutally honest I was not feeling either of them. A lot of my interests were in singles and they didn’t disappoint! My album of the year artist returns this week, Spiritbox drops the first teaser to their new album, Attack Attack! is listenable again… you know what… see you below!



Origami Angel - Gami Gang (Counter Intuitive Records)

In a week where, like I said, I was anticipating a lot of singles and not really excited about the big albums I was kinda going through the motions of listening to a lot of releases. When I got to this I couldn’t believe how much fun I was having and how fast an hour passed. This is like the memes about what midwestern is come to life but make the songs unironically good. Have a feeling I’ll have this on rotation.



Action/Adventure - Pulling Focus (Pure Noise Records)

Pretty… standard pop punk but hey it’s really fun! Give it a shot!



Attack Attack! - Brachuya Bombshell (Oxide Records)

I have tried so hard to not talk about the Attack Attack! situation on the blog side of things but maybe I will soon? In the meantime this single is… not the greatest thing I’ve ever heard but it’s certainly a step in the right direction. Decent riff, pretty catchy and it’s actually a crabcore song.



BD LCK - Professor Oak

New beat to correspond with New Pokemon Snap and it has a nice, relaxing, nostalgic sound and goes quite nicely with the vibe of the game.



Galleons - Playing with Fire is Such a Cliche (Famined Records)

Literally only including this to remind you to listen to the Galleons singles thus far. Each one is incredible and this is no exception and the album is only a couple of weeks away now. Still expecting it to be album of the year.



Spiritbox - Circle with Me (Rise Records)

If you listen to any single this week, any song to be honest, make it this one. Spiritbox is absolutely killing it right now and is becoming the best band in the scene by a mile.



Waterparks - You’d be Paranoid Too (If Everyone Was Out to Get You) (300 Entertainment)

I have not been feeling the Waterparks hype over the past couple of years but with these last two singles they’ve really won me over I think. “Numb” as well as this track are so catchy, so fun they’ve both been in regular rotation.


Other Tracks:

Billie Eilish - Your Power (Darkroom / Interscope)

Dir En Grey - Oboro (FIREWALL DIV.)

Drug Church - Tawny (Pure Noise Records)

Full Tac / Lil Mariko / Rico Nasty - SIMP (Sony Music)

Hiatus Kaiyote - Red Room (Brainfeeder)

House & Home - Empty Handed (Open Your Ears Records)

Jessie Ware - Please (Universal Music)

The Kid LAROI - WITHOUT YOU (feat. Miley Cyrus, Columbia Records)

The Maine - THNKS FR TH MMRS (Fall Out Boy cover, Photo Finish Records / 8123)

Mannequin Pussy - Perfect (Epitaph)

SeeYouSpaceCowboy… - Painting A Clear Picture from a Unreliable Narrator (Pure Noise Records)

Stand Atlantic - deathwish (feat. nothing,nowhere. Hopeless Records)

Still Woozy - Kenny (Interscope)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of Month: The top 25 songs of the year

Best of Month; the Top 10 Albums of 2023

Best of Month: The final reviews of the year