Weekly Winners, week of 1/17/21 - 1/23/21

 Not a whole lot this week. Listened to some current releases sure but had a lot of catch up records on my list this week. Speaking of, been really sleeping on Shrezzers and The Dirty Nill. To get into this week though, I do have some singles I’d like to throw your way below.

Bicep - Saku (feat. Clara la San) (Ninja Tune)

Irish electronic duo Bicep put out their new record Isles this week but the track that really stood out to me is “Saku.” Very nice ambient/ethereal track if you’re into that type of thing.

3OH!3 - I’M SO SAD (Photo Finish Records)

3OH!3 continues to ride the wave of this “””return””” (They didn’t go anywhere but anything to get that sweet click bait I suppose) and shockingly do well with every single on the cycle. This is the third of these so far and I’m actually starting to look forward to the album if that’s what it’s leading up to.

Architects - Dead Butterflies (Epitaph)

Another band shocking me on their album cycle. I am 100% always up for a genre change if that’s what artists are feeling. Can’t put everyone into a tiny box all the time. That being said I’ve never been an Architects fan at all. For Those Who Wish to Exist is only about a month away and with this track I feel it’s really shaping up.


Artemis Rising - Petrichor

Another metal adjacent track to show you, this one more for the folks who like things like The Word Alive’s more modern sound. The singer here even sounds very Telle in a lot of ways.


Jetty Bones - That’s All (Rise Records)

Jetty Bones is a name I’ve seen float around many pop punk related circles surrounding bands I was already a fan of but I just never dove in. This is a short acoustic, almost country vibe song about talking through relationship issues that really won me over fast. Might just go back and see what I’ve missed.


Other Tracks

3LAU - Everything (feat. Funkin Matt & Frawley)

ChillPill - LiLBiTcH (feat. Rico Nasty & Soleima) (Atlantic Records)

I DON’T KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME - Leave Me Alone (piano version) Fearless Records

PhaseOne - Enemy (feat. Shane Told) (Disciple)

Weezer - All My Favorite Songs (Warner)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of Month: The top 25 songs of the year

Best of Month; the Top 10 Albums of 2023

Best of Month: The final reviews of the year